April, 1996 . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . Volume 1, Issue 09
Welcome to the April issue of
SPIRITUALITY FOR TODAY!
SPIRITUALITY FOR TODAY is an interactive monthly
magazine dedicated to addressing a variety of matters concerning
the Catholic Church. It is not only for a Catholic audience. We
welcome your comments and suggestions..
Table of Contents
- Introduction to This Issue: The
Eucharist by the Rev. Mark Connolly
- Through receiving the Eucharist we can boldly
proclaim, "It is no longer I who live, but
Christ who lives within me."
- Offertory by the
Most Rev. Edward M. Egan
- Lord, God of creation: Accept our gifts. Not only
the bread and wine, but also the gift of
ourselves - our talents, our treasure, our
achievements, and, above all else, our
- The Chapel at the End of the
Hallway by the Rev.
Stephen M. DiGiovanni
- The Lord, truly present in the Eucharist, is the
heart of the Church's life and mission.
- Thought for the Month
- A passage from the Syriac Liturgy.
- The Eucharist by
Joseph A. Hickey
- What is the Eucharist - a symbol, a sign, or the
Real Presence of Him who created us and redeemed
us by His Blood on the Cross?
- After Death - Heaven
by the Rev. Mark
- The mansion Christ has prepared for us.
- Sonnet XLIII, from the
Portuguese by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- "How do I love thee? Let me count the
- About the Authors
This page, and
all SPIRITUALITY FOR TODAY contents, copyright
©1995-2005 by Clemons Productions Inc. and the Diocese of Bridgeport.
Permission is granted for the reprint or use of any article in
this magazine providing proper credit is given to Clemons
Productions Inc. and/or the Rev. Mark Connolly.